Monday, July 27, 2009

Hey Guys, It's Clary!

We left Antigua last night and as stoked as I am to be here with the rest of the team and working on the projects, I am sad to see that week come to an end. A week of volcano climbing with running hot lava and setting off fireworks is not quickly forgotten! Nevertheless, here we are and I am ready for the actual missions trip to begin! We left Antigua yesterday. The drive went smoothly and we arrived at the Spring Hotel around 4:15. With incredible luck, the rest of the team’s flight was not delayed and they arrived later that night along with the pizza we had hungrily been not so patiently waiting for. =) I suppose the only thing that I was not ecstatic to see was the summer reading book my Mom sent with a member of the team that I had conveniently left at home (jk, Mom!). This morning we had a team meeting and headed straight to the worksite where we were greeted with a DELICIOUS breakfast of fried platanos, frijoles, huevos, queso and mucho pan! Me gusta la comida de Guatemala! We’ve started the construction project which consists of hauling bricks and buckets of rocks to eventually finish the already started seminary being built. Crazy enough, we have internet at the site and I am sitting at our breakfast table surrounded by thousands of flies listening to little Maxi shout heave, hoe! The trip is going fabulously so far thanks to everyone’s support and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment