Tuesday, July 28, 2009

estoy enferma

so guess who spent the first day of work sleeping in the van. that's right, it's me. lindy. steve, who I think I will begin referring to as 'papa bear', got me some Glucosoral (pedialyte) and sulfur-based antibiotics. and I took them and I thought "yay! modern medicine! i love you again!" because I felt soooo much better last night!


And then this morning happened. And I was working. And after lunch my little stomach decided to stage another revolt. I don't really know what's wrong :( I haven't even been drinking any of the bad water! or eating questionable things!


but the word on the street is that "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." so I feel like... it's gonna be ok :) for now I'll wash dishes then sit down for a while. And go to the bathroom an unfair amount of times/day. and show papa bear that I'm taking my antibiotics. Then drink some more water (and pedialyte... blech) and wash some more dishes. There is plenty of work to do, including low-impact jobs for me :)


but as far as other people are concerned...
  • today was our first day of VBS! Rosby has done an INCREDIBLE job of organizing these crafts - I want to make a bean tambourine now! for reals!
  • there is a little fox/weasel/dog that hangs around. it belongs to someone who lives down the street. his/her name? SHAKIRA. THIS IS AWESOME.
  • we've had some scrapes and bruises, but our medical supply box is well stocked
  • Rachel, Cindy, and Molly are chatting between bucket hauling trips, and it's another beautiful day in Guatemala :)
  • oh and VBC people just got back! They can post more later

No comments:

Post a Comment